Monday, August 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Cards

Today I wanted to share two birthday cards I made last weekend.  My niece and my brother-in-law both have birthdays in late August, so I had to make two cards.  The first one is the one I made for my niece.  I absolutely love cupcakes (who doesn't??!!), so I was pretty excited to use the cupcake set from Hero Arts.

I used my watercolor pencils to add some touches of color.  I finished the frosting and cherry off with Diamond Glaze.  For the card base, I die cut a circle in the center of the card and placed acetate behind it.  Then I covered up the glue on the inside with orange cardstock.


I stamped some sentiments on the front with VersaMark and some flowers in white ink.  I think this card is bright and fun, perfect for a birthday!!!


The second card I made was for my brother-in-law, so it had to be more masculine.  I used my new favorite stamp set from Papertrey Ink, Enjoy the Ride.  I colored in the car with watercolor pencils and used acetate again, but in a different form.


Diamond Glaze was also used again on the license plate and headlights.  I used some VersaMark to stamp some circles in the background and some black Staz-On for the sentiment on the acetate.  Here is the finished piece:


I hope everyone has a great week.  My family and I are moving this week into a larger home, so I'm not sure how much I will be able to post.  All of my scrapping items are packed (ICK!!!), but I do have a few cards that I haven't posted, so I will try to at least get those up.  Once we are moved in, I will actually have a scrapping ROOM, not just the Dining Room table, so I should be able to get more projects done!

Thanks for looking!

-Chrissie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)