Thursday, March 3, 2011

Birthday Girl

Today I have a fun and bright card.  I chose my colors and theme from this weeks' Cupcake Inspirations Challenge (#100 - woot woot!!!).  I was inspired to use foam on my card from this week's Make it Monday by Papertrey Ink.  I decided to get funky and I die cut some fun foam (from my son's stash, of course!) and I then embossed it.  I inked it up and used it as a stamp.  You can see in the above picture the resist I got from embossing.  Cool, huh?


At that point, I was still wanting to use more foam, so I die cut some more and I stamped designs on them.  I used some stamps from the PTI Frames set and a butterfly from thte PTI Butterfly Dreams.  I used a Martha Stewart punch for the dimensional butterfly and another PTI die for the scalloped tag that's partially hidden in the background.


My friend's daughter has a birthday coming up this month and this one is perfect for her.



I have to say that I'm going to use the foam technique to make my own stamps more often.  I just used some removable adhesive and adhered it to a clear block to stamp it.  It came right off with no problems and the results are one of a kind!

Thanks for stopping by today!!!




3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Love the technique, and the butterflies. So glad you joined us for this weeks CIC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. S Pretty!! Thanks for playing along with the 100th Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fun foam! I tried using it on a card this week and can't wait to try again! I love your card! Thank you for playing along with Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)