Friday, June 10, 2011

SP & Company Group Post and NEW RELEASE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!



Welcome to Group Post Day for SP and Company! It is also NEW RELEASE DAY (YES!!!!!!!!) in the SP and Company store!!!! If you'd like to see all of the posts today, please start at the Scrapmaster's Blog and Hop around!

We also have a challenge for you to try:

The challenge is simple! Create a project using the color Lime Green. Your creation can be monochromatic (different shades of Lime) or just mainly focus on Lime.  Please make sure that this month’s color is used in about 90% of your project. It is not a requirement to use SP and Company stamps for this challenge, but we’d love it if you do! You can link up your project on the Scrapmaster’s Blog HERE. You have until the 15th of the month (11:59 pm EST) to enter. The one random winner will win an SP and Company stamp set of their choice. Also, make sure to leave comments for all the blogs along the way because there will be random prizes selected from all of the blog hop participants. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win!

I hope you play along!!!

For the card I made today, I used the new Big Bold Background (available TODAY) and a sentiment from Lovely Labels.  It's not often I make cards for sympathy to keep in my stash, and I hate scrambling at the last minute, having to make one as I'm walking out the door.  So.... I'm trying to make some sympathy cards so I have them on hand!!!



I am really loving that Big Bold Background.  It really helps me add the perfect touch!!!!  This is what it looks like:




I have to say that I don't really use Lime Green very much, but I really did enjoy using it for my projects.  There really are so many possible color combos I never looked at before that work.

And that "Praying for You" sentiment can really be used for more than just sympathy! Illness, thinking of someone who is having a hard time or hoping for something - it really is versatile!!!



I used a fun Tim Holtz edger die to get that effect on the edge of the card.  This was my first time using it and and I'm digging the results!!! 

I hope you will participate in the challenge! Make sure to add your project to the InLinkz widget on the Scrapmaster's Blog.  And if you enter, leave me a link here, too, in comments so I can check it out!!!! Happy Hopping!!!

Thanks for stopping by today!

















Papers: K and Company, Recollections
Stamps: SP and Company, Papertrey Ink
Dies: Tim Holtz Sizzix, Papertrey Ink
Ink: VersaMagic
Button: The Paper Studio
Twine: Papertrey Ink
Tools: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug, ATG

10 comments:

  1. Great card. Love the colors. Thanks for sharing.
    Patti
    lilbitee1971 at hotmail dot com
    www.shortnscrappy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious!!!!! I just love it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissie---this is beautiful and so creative! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great card. i love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, I love this color on your card, when I typically don't think to use it! Thanks!
    Lisa
    summer_sunset54 at hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that stamp, and what you've done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card...love all the colors!

    nanettemtatyahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)