Wednesday, July 20, 2011

SP & Company DT Wednesday

Happy Wednesday!
Today I have a fun little card that is perfect for a boy.  I almost always make things too girly, so this was a challenge for me.  I try to make a concious effort when shopping for supplies to pick out some masculine things, but it doesn't always seem to work out that way!!!!




My son has a birthday party this week, so I decided to try my best to make my card boy-ish! The "You're a Star" sentiment from SP and Company's Bold Sentiments I was just screaming my name.  For the monsters, I inked up one of my Stampin Up sets that I haven't really used too often, though I've wanted to use it more.  I colored them in with my Copics and added some Glossy Accents to the eyes.  Oh, and the little blue guy NEEDED that googlie eye, don't you think?! The background stars were stamped with some VersaMark and the little 3D embellie finishes it all off.  Inside, I've cut slits inside for a Target gift card.  The Bold Sentiments I set has really become my go-to set for any type of sentiments.  I don't think I've made a card in the last few weeks without using something from that set.



Don't forget that I'm not the only one posting today.  Wednesdays are Design Team post day at SP and Company, so the entire team will have some inspiration for you.  Check out the scrapmaster's blog to get all of the links and for some more amazing inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by today!!!
















Stamps: SP and Company (Bold Sentiments I), Papertrey Ink (Stars), Stampin Up (Monsters)
Cardstock: Bazzill and Kraft
Ink: VersaMagic, VersaMark, Memento (Black)
Other: Googlie Eye (Unknown), Star Embellishment (Making Memories), Glossy Accents (Ranger), Copics
Tools: Trimmer, ATG, sponge daubers

4 comments:

  1. This is perfect. So Cute.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also struggle with purchasing masculine supplies. I love the monsters on your card- so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!! It would be a perfect card for my grandson!! Thanks so much for the love you left on my blog : ) Glad to share our scrappin' sista Sami too!!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. your card is great!!

    TFS
    Blessings,
    Patty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)