Tuesday, September 13, 2011

It's Clear To See....

I love acetate.  I really, really do.  I feel like I just don't use it as much as I should.  As soon as I saw this Lawn Fawn sentiment, I knew exactly what it needed - acetate!


I punched a 1 3/4 inch circle, stamped those glasses on acetate and adhered it to the card.  Then, I took the sentiment and bended it to make it fit around the circle (ah, this is why I love clear stamps!).  Add the fun faux stitching from SP and Company's Stitchery Doo (*swoon*) to the front with some Baker's Twine and - voila! Done!



I am always looking for an excuse to cut a window on a card.  I actually have stopped myself from doing it because once I get started, all of the cards I create for days all have acetate windows. 

For the inside, I continued the stitches...



This one is going to my husband, for sure.  I think he will get a kick out of it.  He always complains I don't put enough INSIDE the card, so I specifically put the sentiment inside for his benefit.  Our anniversary is coming up next month, so I'm all ready for it!

Thanks for stopping by today.  Don't forget to come back tomorrow - every Wednesday the whole SP and Company Design Team posts inspiration projects!!!

















Stamps: SP and Company, Lawn Fawn
Cardstock: 80# Cougar Cover
Ink: Versa (red), Staz On (black), Memento (gray)
Other: EK Success Punch, acetate (manufacturer unknown), Martha Stewart Baker's twine, standard hole punch (manufacturer unknown), ATG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)