Wednesday, September 14, 2011

SP & Company Group Post Day!

Today I have a cute card that I am also entering in the Young Crafters Unite challenge! This is their first challenge and I thought it would be fun to participate.  I decided I wanted to follow some 'rules' this week for my post.  :-) I also went with a white cardstock background, which I rarely do.  This is the second time I've done that this week!!!


The challenge was to color in a stamped image.  No problem - this is one of my favorite things to do!


I stamped the image two times - once on the card, once on a separate piece of paper so I could paper piece the hearts.  I used Copics on the elephants.  For the hearts, I stamped some mini flowers in VersaMark and then colored them in with Copics.  Once I adhered them to the card, I added some Glossy Accents to make them pop even more.

The sentiment is from SP and Company's Bold Sentiments I.  This is an awesome set and it's back in stock (woo hoo!) at the SP and Company store.  I also added a little embossed line at the bottom of the card.



You can see the flowers that I stamped in VersaMark in the above picture.  I really like this technique. 


I cut the front of the card shorter than the back so I could place some paper on the inside and have it show through.  It matches the hearts pretty closely (see my reasoning for stamping those flowers in the hearts?!).

Thanks for stopping by today.  Make sure to check out the Scrapmaster's Blog today to see what the rest of the Design Team has cooked up!!!!
















Stamps: SP and Company, Taylored Expressions, Stampin Up!
Paper: 80# Cougar Cardstock, DCVW
Ink: Memento, VersaMark
Other: MS Scoreboard, Glossy Accents, Copic Markers, ATG, SU Dimensionals

8 comments:

  1. Super cute, love those elephants!!! :)
    -Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty and adorable! I love the little peek at the inside too. Thanks SO much for joining us at Young Crafters Unite!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh...I love the paper popping out from the inside- such a cool look! Your coloring is fab, and the image is so sweet. So glad you could play along with our first challenge at Young Crafters Unite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a wonderful card! I love how dimensional the hearts are =) Thank you so much for joining our first Young Crafters Unite challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is just super cute! I love all those various colors of hearts! Thanks for playing along with us at YCU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is a lovely card, love those elephants!!

    TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)