Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Halloween Gift Box Challenge

Hi there!
I've been working non-stop on my Silhouette these last few days.  I just can't get enough of it!!! I love, love, love it and I also love Lori Whitlock's designs that are available for my Silhouette.  Imagine my excitement when I saw that she and Tamara from Happy Life, Crafty Wife were having a Halloween contest! I was able to download two FREE boxes and play with them! EEEEE!

Here is what I came up with.  Warning! There are a lot of pictures!!!


I started off by making a pumpkin out of paper strips.  I also die cut a ton of leaves using a design I created myself (CLICK HERE OR HERE TO DOWNLOAD THIS FREEBIE)!!!!




I also die cut some spiders from my Cricut.  I have to say it was awesome to have the Silhouette and the Cricut cutting at the same time - it was music to my ears (I am such a nerd!!)!

Then, I used my glue pad and Perfect Pearls to make the whole box shimmery.  I cut out the box-top spider web on a different stock (purple) and adhered it over the regular box top.  Once the glue was dry and the Pearls were adhered, I went over everything with brown ink.  This gave a really cool, distressed look.  I love the way it came out!!!






My second project is much, much simpler! I wanted to go with funny and silly instead of distressed and 'serious.'


I cut a few ghosts (from the box top) out of acetate and then I rubbed some white ink onto the back with a Q-tip and my finger.  Once it dried, I added the googly eyes!!!





I made three different sizes of the ghost box so I could stack them like so:



I had so much fun making these.  Package design / 3D projects have always been my thing!!!

Make sure to stop by Happy Life, Craft Wife and check out the rest of the entries - they are amazing!








Cardstock: Recollections
Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Digital Images: Lori Whitlock
Ink: Papertrey Ink (white), VersaMark
Ribbon: Recollections, American Crafts (brown)
Die Cutting Machines: Silhouette, Cricut

1 comment:

  1. I am blown away by the first box. Just wow!!!! I'm not even sure what I like the best, but the whole thing I heart :) And that ghost box had me cracking up with the ghost peeking out! You totally rocked this challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)