Monday, February 13, 2012

Adding New Life to Plain Ribbon!

Hi!!! Today and I'm going to show you how to spruce up some of that plain old ribbon you have! No more hoarding - time to use what you've been keeping!!!  :-)

First, grab a stamp that you want to use as your ribbon patten.  I chose to use the grid from my SP & Company set Journal This.  Choose a color and start stamping on that ribbon!


You don't have to use a pattern stamp - you can use text or really anything that will just look awesome.  Even large stamps that will get cut off will work - anything that floats your boat! Imagine having just parts of a flower or snowflake or a sentiment repeating over and over again...






Once you have your image stamped, it's time to start assembling your project! I have a little tip for you - for those large background stamps, if you don't have a clear block that is big enough, you can just use the clear acetate the stamp comes on as your block! One more awesome bonus for clear stamps! I chose to use Large Polka Dots - one of my favorite background stamps.



See? Stamps perfectly with no block needed!

 
Now it's time to attach the ribbon to the card.  I prefer using Scor Tape - it keeps the ribbon nice and flat.


Once the card is adhered, I added Scor Tape to the front of the ribbon, too.  Time to bling it up!



I sprinkled glitter onto the Scor Tape and the ribbon looks totally different than it did when I started!


Fun, huh? Then I simply added some twine and buttons! Very Clean and Simple, but it does the job perfectly! And that ribbon just pops!  Oh, and that sentiment is also from Journal This!



Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you'll give this technique a try!








Stamps: SP & Company
Cardstock: PTI
Ribbon: DeNami Design
Buttons: The Paper Studio
Ink: Memento
Twine: PTI, Lime Twist
Other: Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher, Stampendous Glitter


Shop with SP anytime 24/7 at the SP and Company Store! If you need any help, be sure to email Sami at scrapmastersparadise@yahoo.com. Don't forget to sign up for the SP Weekly Newsletter (Click here!)!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)