Thursday, March 15, 2012

Jinger Adams DT Call

Hi!
Today I have an amazing mini album to share with you! I'm posting in hopes of getting picked for the Jinger Adams Design Team! A few months ago, my BFF surprised me and gave me an awesome Kraft Envelope/Chipboard mini album she found at Archiver's.  She knows my obsession with Kraft envelopes and mini albums, so this was a match made in heaven for me.

It didn't take me long to figure out what I was going to use that rockin' album for... :-)

My two-year-old daughter is obsessed with pumpkins.  I mean obsessed.  So, last October, we made several visits to all of the different pumpkin farms in the area.  I took tons and tons of pictures and edited them in Photoshop using a few different actions from the Pioneer Woman.  I wanted the album to have a bit of a vintage-Halloween-y feel!

For the cover, I used some free Kerri Bradford digital papers (love her) and some Recollections stock to cover the spine.  I simply stuck stickers onto a tag for the cover and dry-brushed over it with paint.


I love the two different fonts - the background vs. the tag and how they play off of each other!!!


For the first page, I die cut a fence using my Silhouette and added a little black cat to the page.  I cut some canvas, frayed it and stamped on it, then tucked it behind the picture.


For the next page, I did some minimal journaling on a tag and then covered it with some acetate from Hambly.  I painted and inked over it a little bit to make it more distressed and worn.


In the below shot, you can see the first envelope!!! LOVE it!!!! I added some Halloween stamps to it, along with some 3D embellies and a super fun tag.



This is what is inside the envelope (swoon):


For the next page, I did an overlay using another Hambly stock. I also placed some stickers on a tag and then globbed some shimmery paint from my Viva pen onto it.  I smeared it around with my finger.  The look it gives is distressed and shimmery and the sticker and tag look like they are made for each other!!!


The next page behind the overlay is another picture of my daughter.  I incorporated a few different patterned stocks, corrugated stock and a few little embellies.


For the next page, I added in a few more adorable pics and some bling!!! Bling is like the bacon of the papercrafting world - it makes everything better!  ;-)


And for the last page, I cut a swatch of canvas out and used that instead of a traditional paper page.


And the last insert in the envelope:


I love, love, love the way this album turned out.  When I look through it, I smile at so many different things, which means I totally captured the feelings I was going for.

Thanks for stopping by today and I'd love to hear your comments and feedback.  Have a fantastic rest of the week!!!!












Stock: Recollections, Kerri Bradford (front cover), Hambly (acetate pages)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink, Technique Tuesday (Childhood)
Ink: Memento, Papertrey Ink (white), VersaMagic
Tags: Recollections
Dies: Papertrey Ink
Stickers: Authentique
3D Embellishments: K & Company
Buttons: DeNami

14 comments:

  1. Very cute project, I love all of the extra details you added to it!I am a new follower of your blog and am looking forward to more of your creations. I would love for you to stop by and check out my blog and become a follower too!

    www.scrappindhilly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome album! Your subject is such a sweetheart.

    Precious Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying out for jingers DT but I love your album...lots of thought and great detail.
    visit me sometime, it would be fun

    cuttergazette.blogspot.com

    good luck
    Sherri
    Katy, TX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful project. Good luck with the DT. We are in for some exciting new products no matter what happens. I am so excited. Love what you submitted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute! Good luck!
    craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful. Love all the little details

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!!! Good luck! This is amazing and they would be sooo lucky to have you! A lot of love went into this creation!!!! Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My! What a cute mini! I love how you didn't use all cutesy Halloween stuff! Love all the detail in the mini! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your project is fabulous... :)
    Wishing you a beautifully blessed week,
    **Lots of BIG Hugs**
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore this album so much. The canvas piece is awesome and I love the vintage feel. Amazing. And your bff knows ya well ;-) good luck on the DT call!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great album. Good luck in the DT Call. I think we are in for some amazing products.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fabulous album! Good luck on the DT call!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful book. Good luck on the DT call.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your submission for the Jinger Adams Design Team call...
    The Scrapbooking Queen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)