Monday, March 19, 2012

Lawnscaping Challenge: Inspired By

Hi!
I'm excited to share the card I made for the most recent Lawnscaping Challenge! The challenge was "Inspired By."  It was sooo easy for me to pick a fellow crafter that inspires me! I am constantly inspired by Heather Nichols, so I had to pick one of her cards!!! She is awesome and we share a love of using Kraft stock! :-)


Here is Heather's card that I chose:


I love her use of Kraft with white ink and how there is a spine on the card like a book! So, here is my take:


I chose to use Kraft along with white ink, too, plus a single little critter with a simple sentiment as the main focus of the card.  I also used a soft ink in the background of the owl and I stitched in similar spots with my sewing machine.  I kept the color of the main image similar to the base of the card.  I really love the way this card came out and I'm inspired to try a few more using other crafter's ideas as inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by and make sure to play along with the Lawnscaping Challenge!!!












Cardstock: Echo Park (Patterned), Recollections (Kraft)
Ink: Memento (Black), Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Lawn Fawn, Stampin Up (mini leaves)
Other: Copic Markers, Singer Sewing Machine

4 comments:

  1. You card is so adorable! I love the simplicity and cuteness of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, this is so cute! And I love Heather's card you chose! it is indeed an inspiration! Your card is fab. Love your spin on it! And love the owl! So glad you played along with us! We've also got new badges! Check out the blog if you want to switch yours out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card!! simple and adorable, Thank you for playing along with us at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute, I love the coloring on your owl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)