Saturday, September 15, 2012

You're Chic!!!

Hi! I hope your weekend has been fabulous so far!

Speaking of fabulous... I have a 'chic' card to share today!


I did some 'selective' stamping for the title onto the Boutique Sign Mini Stamp.  What's selective stamping you ask???!!! Well, it's when you only ink up (or mask off) part of a stamp.  You can also cut apart your stamps, too, if you prefer.  While there is NOTHING wrong with cutting stamps apart, sometimes I just can't cut those beautiful stamps up!

Here is how I selectively stamped this one:


I chose a mini ink pad with a teardrop edge so it was easier for me to only use part of the sentiment (You're Sew Special sentiment from Sewing Chic).


I also stamped Chevron Chase in the background, so the sign was a little more eye-catching! I also added a light tan ink onto the sign so it wasn't a bright white - I wanted it to 'fit' into the card more.



One of the things I love about the Stitchery Doo Set is the stitches and how easy they are to stack up together!


I thought it would be fun to align the three different stitches together and stamp them to break up the top from the bottom of the card.  And it is a time saver, when I can just stack them together on one block!

Thanks for stopping by today!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)