Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Holiday Slider Box

I created a simple Holiday inspired Slider Box using the Ultimate Tool.  Even though I was intimidated by the Ultimate Tool at first, once I started using it, I couldn't believe how much easier it made everything!


First, I trimmed some Kraft stock to 6 x 6 for my inside drawer.  The finished piece will be 4 x 4 (figure an inch on each side, so that is how I came up with the 6 x 6 size).  The 'wrap' is 4 x 10.5.

Using the BOX LID side of the Ultimate Tool, I scored an inch all the way around.


I cut an angle at where the scored corners met and I used this heavy duty Red Liner tape:


Then, I started to fold up the edges and attach them.


Using the BOX BASE side, I scored at 1 inch, then went 4 more inches from that (so, at inch 5), then went 1 more inch, 4 more inches.  That created the score for the sides.


This leaves a little bit on the edge to adhere it all together.


It just slides over the bottom part.



To complete the box, I just added some fun extras!


I colored in those cute Wordly Santas from the Stamp It Holiday Collection with my Spectrum Noir markers.  The little circular tag is from the Paintbox Poppets Yuletide Logs .  I added a few Stickles, too, just to make it a little more fun and sparkly.




Thanks for stopping by today!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)