Wednesday, January 16, 2013

An Ombre Card and CHA Wrap-Up

Hi!
Today I wanted to share a quick card I created using a new set that debuted at the CHA this past weekend using the new Set 64 of the Stamp It Collection.


I used the ombre technique on this one by treating an ink refill as paint.  I simply placed some ink on a sheet of acetate (that was my cheap pallette) and I added more ink at the top of the card and then diluted with water and I went down the sheet.  I used my heat gun to dry it and also let it sit overnight under something heavy.  The paper did buckle and little and there are a few dents, but I think it adds to the card.

Then, the next day, I sprayed the card using the Crafter's Companion Spray & Sparkle Glitter Varnish (Iridescent).  It is hard to see in the picture, but if you click on it to view a larger version, it should show up.  I used my Spectrum Noir markers to add detail just to a few of the images in a similar blue color, making sure not to take away from the ombre effect.

To finish off the card, I embossed some card stock to stick behind the image, added some bling and tied a bow on the side.


I'd also like to share a few cards that I created for the Crafter's Companion Booth at the CHA.  One was even on Create And Craft TV!


This was creating using Set 66.  I wrapped the twine around the card to emulate a package.  The background text was created using Distress Ink and  Stamp It Discovery Travel Script.  I also used my distressing tool to make all of the edges rough.


This was created using Set 71 and the Stamp It Discovery Travel Script.  Again, I used quite a bit of distress ink to give this card an aged look.  The little sentiment is from the Beatrix Potter Appley Dappley 3D Topper.



For this last share, I used the sentiment from Set 64 (I selectively chose it from the full stamp) and the stunning State of Liberty from Set 69.  I distressed the sentiment again with ink and I created the window using my Silhouette and an embossing folder.  This is one of my favorite cards I've ever made!


I still have a few more left, but I'll share those in my post next week!!! Stop on over to the Crafter's Companion site, to check out all of the new sets that came out.  They are truly fantastic.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)