Monday, January 28, 2013

Valentine's Day Coupon Book (For Kiddos)

Hi there!
I know there are tons of ideas out there for Coupon Books for Valentine's Day.  Most of them that I found were only for husbands or boyfriends, but I also have a Toddler and a Teenager, too, so I decided to also come up with coupons for them! And I think my Toddler would really have the most fun with these!


I created some free printables for this project and they are available to you if you'd like them.  All I ask is that you link back to my blog and that you only use them for Personal Use (non-commerical)! I have four different files - Child, Teen, Adult and Blanks available HERE.


I trimmed them down and then added a perforated line 1/2 inch from the left.  My trimmer has a perfing feature, but you could use a ruler and draw a perfed line with a hand-held perfer or even an X-Acto kinfe (making small slits).


Then, I cut out the tickets and stapled them together using my Tiny Attacher.


I trimmed out a piece of cardstock that was 10 x 4.25 and scored it a 4.25 and 8.5.  I did end up making the flap smaller after I embellished the front of the booklet, just to have more space for my stamps!


Then I trimmed out pieces for the front cover, back cover and flap.


I used some strong adhesive and adhered the tickets to the inside of the booklet.


To hold the book closed, I chose to punch holes in the flap and the book and insert brads.  Then I wrapped some jute twine around them to keep it shut.

And then I pulled out my Lawn Fawn stamps and embellished!!!



I kept it pretty simple, but fussy cut some letters out and popped up the heart.


Once you open it, you can see the first coupon and the perf is right there, so it's easy to tear out and use!



Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to play along in the current Winter Wonderland Challenge!






2 comments:

  1. wow Chrissie...these are really fun...love this

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ABSOLUTELY making one of these for AG!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)