Monday, February 25, 2013

Post It Note Holders

Hi! I want to share a project with you today that is quick and easy! It's the perfect little gift for a teacher, coach, or even party favor.

I started out with a sheet of 2-sided card stock, trimmed to 3 1/8 x 8 1/2.  I got out my scoreboard and scored at 3 1/8, 3 1/2, 6 5/8 and 7 inches.



Then, I folded it to make sure it was correct!


I decorated the front of the holder using the new Summertime Charm set and the Pink Lemonade Element stickers from Lawn Fawn.


I also added some Pink Lemonade twine around the 'lid.'  To create the hearts sitting on top of each other, I used a Post It to create masks.  I simply stamped on a Post It, trimmed it out and then covered up some of the hearts on the card stock so I could stamp over them without any overlap.  And remember when you are adhering, to only adhere the main element (the jar in this case) to the TOP of the holder.  Otherwise, it won't open!


To keep the holder shut, I used a thin magnet strip.  I have this in my stash (my mom works in a school and got it from a teacher), but I've seen a few online that would work (including Xyron).


I've seen Velcro used for this too, but when I try Velcro, it seems to come apart after a few uses.  The magnet seems to hold better (I also used THIS tape to hold it together - it's very sturdy).


I also stamped hearts on some pages throughout the little note.  I didn't stamp every single page, but I did stamp quite a few - just a nice little surprise on some of the pages! :-)












Stamps: Lawn Fawn
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Ink: Memento
Markers: Spectrum Noir
Twine & Stickers: Lawn Fawn

2 comments:

  1. Super cute...I love making post it holders and yours is super cute (I know I said it again)!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)