Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Frou Frou Sneak Peek!

Hi!

I have a little sneak peek for you today!!! The new Crafter's Companion Frou Frou line doesn't come out until April 5, but I'm going to share a project that I created with one of the sets today! I used the main image from the Tipsy set.


I know this image is more of the 40's-flapper style, but I was inspired by Mad Men when I saw this image.  I guess maybe because she was sitting in a glass and someone always seems to have a drink in hand at work or at play on that show!

To create the cut out of her legs, I first sketched out light lines where I would cut out the image.


I cut around her legs, then used my trimmer to cut along the other lines.  I erased what was left when I was done.


Then I placed a clear mask down and used my blending tool to create a simple, but sophisticated background.




I gently went back over the swirls with ink, just so there was no bright white anywhere.




I hope you will check out the new release on April 5th when it is available.  Until then, keep popping onto the Crafter's Companion Blog for more sneak peeks!













Stamps: Crafter's Companion
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye
Mask: Ranger
Ink: Ranger, Memento
Markers: Spectrum Noir
Other: Stickles


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)