Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Camden Town Sneak Peek

Hi! I have a sneak peek for you today! Crafter's Companion is releasing a new set called Camden Town on May 17, 2013 and I want to show you a few of the images from the set!

I chose to color this in with my watercolor pencils.  I don't use them as much as I should, so I wanted to get back into the habit of pulling them out sometimes.


I used my Prismacolor watercolor pencils, a spray bottle (full of water), and a brush pen.  I don't fill the pen up with water because I feel like it gets the paper too wet.  I spray onto an acrylic block (or a craft mat) and use the pen more as a brush.  I just like the tip and control I have using that over a regular brush.


I started to color in the darker parts of this super cute scooter with red.  It's honestly a lot like coloring with Spectrum Noir markers.  Start with the darks.  But, instead of adding another color, I add the water and pull the red into the areas to add highlights.


You can see the progress I'm making.  And I go back in with the red to add more definition if I feel it needs it.


I thought the blue would really make the red pop and that they would just go well together.




This is my little cloud 'mask' I use all the time.  It's just a cloud cut from a Post-It note, but does it ever work well for me!!!


I usually start from right and go left, then I wrap my way back around.  I place the cloud down and then use a sponge or an ink dauber to add the ink around it.  I used the Broken China Distress Ink.  When I was done creating the background, I went back in with the pad and just inked up the edges, going heavy on the top to give it some definition.


I also added a shadow to the scooter using my Spectrum Noir IG4.


Thanks for stopping by today!!!














Stamps: Crafter's Companion
Marker: Spectrum Noir
Pencils: Prismacolor
Ink: Distress Ink
Paper: Neenah 80# Solar White



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)