Monday, May 27, 2013

Distress Markers as Watercolors

Hi!
Have you used Distress Markers yet? I picked up some a few weeks ago and I wanted to show you how I use them as watercolors!


If you aren't so great at painting, this gives you a little more control.  I stamped the hot air balloon from the new Blue Skies onto watercolor paper and then I cut it out using the coordinating die cut (Lawn Cut).


I started by coloring the marker in the areas that would be the darker areas.  I used Worn Lipstick, Broken China and Mustard Seed.


Then I just took a brush that had water on it and pulled the ink down.


I went back in a few times with a little more of the marker and did the same with the basket, too.


Then I stamped a cloud using Distress Ink (Broken China), took a water brush and messily added water to give it a watercolored look.  Cool, huh?

Here is the finished card:


I think it gives a soft, sweet look, like watercolors do, but this was faster (and easier!).












Stamps: Lawn Fawn
Pattern Paper: Lawn Fawn
Dies: Lawn Fawn
Ink: Staz On, Distress Ink
Markers: Distress Ink


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)