Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Using Chalk and Distress Inks

Hi! I have a card to share that shows off the use of chalks and Distress Inks.  I've had some Distress Inks for a while, but I didn't really start using them until recently.  I didn't realize how versatile they could be! I love adding water and painting with them and I love the fact that they have re-inkers that I can use separately as spray mists or also with water.

I stamped the beautiful bird image from Stamp It Australia: French Travels with VersaMark.  I quickly grabbed my I Kan Dee chalks and with a chalk applicator (included in the set - woot, woot!), I blended the brown to orange to yellow, just rubbing in circles.  It's like a hidden message appearing when this happens!


Then, I stamped some other images from the same set in Distress Inks Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, and Vintage Photo.  I selectively embossed the two sides with the embossing plate that came in the latest Club Inspire magazine.

Thanks for stopping by!














Stamps: Crafter's Companion
Ink: Distress Ink, VersaMagic
Chalks: I Kan Dee

All supplies available at http://www.crafterscompanion.com/


2 comments:

  1. Annette stole the exact words I was going to use, simply stunning! :) So how about I tell you that I love the soft colors and the shabby chic design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)