Monday, October 28, 2013

Creating Glitter Strips!

Hi!
I wanted to share how I created these glitter strips on my card!



I have a few different types of tapes that I use for adhesive and for creating glitter strips.  From left to right, Miracle Tape (Viva Las Vegas Stamps), Red Liner Mega Roll (Crafter's Companion), Scor Tape (Scor Pal).


I laid them all across the card from largest to smallest.


Then I dumped glitter all over the exposed adhesive.


I tapped the excess glitter off after everything was covered.  It can get messy, so I have a catch tray.  But I know that a coffee filter will work too!


I also decided to mask off the wand with a sentiment.  I stamped the sentiment at the bottom of the card and then covered it with a Post It Note.



I colored in the dragon using Spectrum Noir Markers (from Critters Ever After) and fussy cut him out.




Below, you can see the sentiment that was masked out and all of the other elements I added on the card before I added the dragon onto the card.


I think the glitter adds a pretty cool effect!













Stamps: Lawn Fawn
Tape: Viva Las Vegas, Scor Tape, Crafter's Companion
Markers: Spectrum Noir
Glitter: Crafter's Companion
Ink: Memento




Follow Me!
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)