Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Special Treat: Milk Carton Tutorial

Hi!
I want to share with you how I created this adorable milk carton!


I used the Crafter's Companion Ultimate Tool along with the Special Treat Embossing Board.  I embossed and cut out two identical sides of the carton.


Then I adhered them together using a extra strong tape runner.


Then I folded and adhered the sides together.


I cut a 2.125 x 2.125 square for the bottom piece and adhered it.


Since it's all embossed right on the board, I just pinched the top together and it was done! Awesome!


I wanted to add something fun to the front of the carton, so I stamped this label image from Stamp It Australia: French Travels and then inked it up with some Vintage Photo Distress Ink.



Then I stamped this beautiful flower from Stamp It Australia: Floral Fancies using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

I colored it in with Spectrum Noir Blendable Pencils (013, 024, 029) and the Blending Solution and paper stumps.

To soften it up, I added the same Distress Ink to the flower before adhering it to the carton.


I also added some ink to the edges of the carton, just to give it more of a distressed feel.  Here is the finished piece again:



Thanks for stopping by!









All supplies are available on the Crafter's Companion site unless otherwise noted.

Patterned Paper: Lawn Fawn





Follow Me!
Follow on Bloglovin
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)