Monday, September 29, 2014

Crafter's Companion Halloween Coffin Card

Hi!
I am already in the Halloween spirit! I know it's still pretty far off, but it's one of my favorite times of year and I couldn't resist creating a fun card using the new Black Coffin Cards from Crafter's Companion. 


There are also some new Halloween stamp sets coming out, so I used them along with the card to create this fun project!!

First up, I colored in this little skull from The Haunting set.  He's scary and silly at the same time, right? I love it! I used my Spectrum Noir markers.  I combined greens and greys together to create a more realistic look.  Don't be afraid to combine different color families together with your markers.  You can achieve some really amazing effects! For his skull, I used: LG1, LG2, IG1, IG2, IG8, CT1 (for the eyes) and the Blender.  The spider was created using IG4, IG6 and the Blender pen.



Here is the finished skull before I cut him out:


The multiple layers of color give it a pretty cool effect, huh?
Then I decided to color in the pumpkins and fence from the Look Whooo's Watching set.


For the pumpkins, I used OR2, OR3, TN5 and TN9.  The fence was TN3,TN5 and TN6.  



For the space in between the slots, I used True Black.


I fussy cut everything out and I adhered it to the card base using my Extra Strong Permanent Tape Runner.

I trimmed off the excess image from the back of the card.


Then I grabbed The Haunting set again and used a sentiment from it.  I added some Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the Ultra Smooth Premium Paper to soften it up.  I didn't want the harsh white paper on that shimmering black background.


I distressed the top and bottom of the sentiment, too.  I thought it would really fit with the card.  Then I trimmed off the excess from the sentiment, too (from the back again).


Here are a few more looks:




Thanks for stopping by!










All supplies available on the Crafter's Companion site unless otherwise noted.

Sequins: Lawn Fawn
Edge Distresser: Tim Holtz



Follow Me!
Follow on Bloglovin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)