Thursday, December 18, 2014

Inlaid Die Cut Tutorial

Hi! Today I wanted to share how I created this card using Inlaid Die Cuts with some products from Crafter's Companion. This is a really simple technique, but it gives a big added pop to your projects! Below is the card I created with the inlaid die cutting technique. See how the die cuts add something special to the card?!


First up, I pulled out my Die'Sire 3D Delicate Flower Die and laid them out on the Kraft cardstock panel (cut to 4 x 5.25) where I thought they would look good.


I taped them down with some washi tape (this is not required, but suggested - I just didn't want anything to move at all).


And here is what the panel looks like with the items die cut, but left in place:


Next up, I adhered the panel to the cardstock base and then glued down the die cuts.  I used my extra strong tape runner, but any permanent adhesive will work.  Just be careful if you use glue - you don't want any excess to come through, especially if there are holes (like the flower below).



Next, I stamped this darling wine and grapes image from Sheena's A Little Bit Scenic: Provence onto white cardstock.  I used Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.


I used Spectrum Noir Markers IG1, LV2, TN3, DR6, DG2, DG3, TN4, DR7 to color everything in. These are the only alcohol markers I use because they make me look better than I really am! :)



Once it was colored, I fussy cut the image out.


I inked up the sentiment and stamped it onto the card base.


I added foam adhesive squares to give the image a little dimension and added it to the card.


Here is one more look at the finished card:


I hope you will give this technique a try! Thanks for stopping by!







All supplies linked above and available in the Crafter's Companion store unless otherwise noted.


Follow Me!
Follow on Bloglovin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)