Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Big Score!

Hi!
Today I'd like to share a cute creation I made using the Big Score from Crafter's Companion.  This scoreboard is awesome - it's super huge, so there are a ton of possibilities out there! I made a simple box, held closed by a shaker tag.  Let's get started!

Start with a piece of cardstock cut to 8.25 x 14.   I used some paper from the Sweet Treats 11x17 collection.


I flipped it over and started scoring lengthwise.  I prefer to score on the back.  Here are the scoring measurements:
1 3/8
4 1/8
6 7/8
9 5/8

Turn the paper on its side and score:
2 3/4
5 1/2


Then, turn it back and partially score (leaving out the center section):
2 1/4
8 3/4

Your sheet should look like this:


Then, just cut lines (where you scored ONLY halfway) and at the bottom of that cut.  It forms a "T."


It should look like this:


You can always use sandpaper or an emery board if your cuts weren't smooth!

Fold all of scores.  Now, adhere the center section to create a box.  I used the strong tape permanent runner.  Then adhere the sides.  It will all push up towards the center when it's done.


To make the shaker tag, I cut out a heart from the Die'Sire Essentials: Hearts and the cut out a second one, with another one in the center.  I wanted the frame (not the center piece).


Then I die cut some acetate:


I laid down the heart frame on some foam and traced around it.  This will be hidden, so it doesn't need to be perfect!


See? It looks kinda goofy, but that's OK.  No one will see it.


I adhered it to the back of the frame using Collall Tacky Glue.  Then, I added some fun heart confetti inside and just glue the first heart I cut to the back.  I really recommend the Collall Tacky Glue - you need something really strong so nothing from inside the shaker falls out!


Here is the finished box, all closed up:




You can see the shaker in full effect.  I just added some twine to the back and a brad on the side to hold it closed.  See those butterflies? I die cut them out (below) of some white cardstock and added glitter.  They are from the Bebunni Floral Butterfly & Bee Metal die set.


I also added a little Worn Lipstick Distress Ink to the edges to give it a little more interest.


This would be so cute to give with some candy inside! With that little center section open, the recipient can see just a little sneak peek of what is held inside.  :)

Thanks for stopping by!







All supplies linked above and available in the Crafter's Companion store.




Follow Me!
Follow on Bloglovin
 

1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)