Thursday, October 15, 2015

Die'Sire Edge'Ables: Creating a Sparkly and Textured Card!

Hi!

I created a fun, sparkly card using the Die'Sire Edge'ables Borders Renaissance die.  

I grabbed some 8x8 Shimmering Gold Dust Cardstock and cut it to 4.25 x 5.  I placed it on the edge of the panel and held it down with washi tape.  I ran it through my die cutting machine.


This is what it looks like:


Then I cut a piece of white cardstock to 4.25 x 11 and scored it at the 5.5.  I also cut a piece of patterned paper from the Sweet Treats pack to 2.25 x 5.25.


Then, using an X-Acto blade, I trimmed off part of the front of the card base.  I took off enough to leave about 2.5 inches (I trimmed it down further after I took this picture).


I cut the Rose Pearl to fit in the inside of the card.  Having multiple layers makes this card nice and sturdy!



Next, I placed the front panel down onto my surface and made sure it was protected.


First, I added some Magenta Stickles to the die cut area.  Once it was dry, I added the Golden Rod.  I added two colors to give a little more interest to the card.



To create a custom tag, I die cut a rectangle using the Die'Sire Essentials Rectangle out of Gold Dust.  I stamped the sentiment from Die'Sire Sentimentals Nature EZ Mount Stamp set and distressed the edges.


To finish everything off, I cut a few strips of ribbon (shaped like roses) and tied some twine on it.  I then attached the tag to that twine.


I adhered the ribbon to the front of the card!


The finished card has so much texture from the multiple Stickles and ribbon! 


Thanks for stopping by!






SUPPLIES:

All supplies available on the Crafter's Companion Website and linked above.



Let's Connect!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)