Monday, April 16, 2012

Note To Self Date Book

Today I want to share a really awesome project with you.  Not only was it fun to make, but it will actually keep me (and you) organized! I've created a booklet to keep track of birthdays and other important dates.  It's small enough to fit into my purse so I can jot dates down in it whenever I think of them! I've created the inside pages to share with you today.  Just go HERE to download them for free.  Please only use them for personal use only and remember if you want to share them, send your friends over to this blog to find them!!!!


Print out the pages.  They should be 2-sided (so you might need to run them through your printer twice if it can't print two sides at once!).  Go ahead and trim them down to the crop marks.  The size will be 8 x 6.  Then trim your cover.  Make it a little larger than the inside pages.  For this, I made the size 8.5 x 6.5.  Score the cover and the pages you printed down the middle and lay them together.



 Make sure you have the pages in the correct order. Once the pages are folded, they will be 4 x 6.


I added a little bit of adhesive to the inside by the score lines, just to hold the book together temporarily.  Now, open your book to the center and get ready to sew! If you don't have a sewing machine, you can sew by hand instead or really lay on the adhesive to keep it together.




Now, don't freak if your sewing isn't perfect! We are going to cover the outside.  I chose to use some tissue tape, but you can use anything you want.


Not only does this cover up any imperfections, I love the look of a faux spine.  To decorate the front cover, I chose to use Echo Park's Note to Self collection.  This was part of the March Kit.


I used some stamps from Stitchery Doo Banners in the upper corner and I trimmed a few different patterns and placed them together towards the bottom.


I used some opaque spray mist, too.  I think it looks pretty cool on the Kraft stock!


I use an old shoebox for my ''spraying command center."  This way, I don't have splatters all over the place!


Here is the finished product:






Making your own journals like this is sooo easy.  You can combine tags, papers, envelopes, anything and just sew it together!!! Thanks for stopping by and if you create a journal like this one, please link it up so I can see it!


Stamps: SP & Company
Stock: Echo Park, Recollections (Kraft)
Ink: Memento
Spray: Studio Calico
Stickers: Echo Park
Twine: Divine Twine
Other: Singer Sewing Machine, ATG Gun, Supplied PDF


2 comments:

  1. I can't say I like this enough!!! The misting adds the perfect touch. I love how you covered up the spine! Amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ide.. Maybe i will go into my photoshop and make some calenders in my own language... This was really nice. Liked how you did the cover :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)