Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Owl Wish You a Merry Christmas!

I'm really excited to share this card with you today! It is one of the first cards I made with the September Release and it features an image from my newest stamp set.

This set is called Falling for Autumn and it's my favorite set I've designed so far.  Autumn is my favorite time of year (as you can probably tell from the title of my blog, Harvest Moon Papiere), so when Sami asked me for an Autumn set, I was all over it!


But wait!!!  We are highlighting CHRISTMAS this week, not FALL! Oh, no problem! That little owl can be anything with just a little help from another awesome stamp set, the Christmas Medley Stamp Set.


The hat from Christmas Medley fits perfectly onto the little owl! Fun, right?!?! So, I just stamped each piece, colored them in and cut them out.  Once I had them on the card, I stamped the sentiment, added the snowflake and used my scoreboard to add the little lines at the bottom.


I finished it all off with some white spray mist.  For the white, since it was stamped on Kraft and I wanted it to really stand out, I used a white colored pencil and pressed really hard.  The rest of the owl and hat were colored in with alcohol markers.

Thanks for stopping by today!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)