Thursday, November 25, 2010

November Papertrey Blog Hop

Happy Thanksgiving!
Today is the monthly Papertrey Ink Blog Hop.  This month's challenge was to create a holiday tag or two.  I made two tags.

Here is the first one:


 I stamped the "Merry & Bright" sentiment in the lower right corner of some DCVW stock and I drew a border around the whole tag.

I used a stamp from the "Flourishes" set and I added stars to the tips of the flourish. 


I created a Rosette using my Martha Stewart Scoreboard.  I colored in some Hero Arts flowers with Copics and I added a star embellie in the center.  


I added some ribbon and red Baker's Twine to finish the tag up.




Now, onto the second tag!

 I cut some Kraft cardstock to make the base.  I used a stamp from "Background Basics" in VersaMark Ink for the background.  I stamped the candy canes from the "Holiday Friendship Jar Filler" and colored them in with Copics and a Spica Glitter Pen.  I die cut a flower and rick rack using PTI dies and combined them with a button and some Baker's Twine.  I added some Fresh Snow Ink for the base of the "To" and "From" and then stamped black over it.  I also added Fresh Snow to the top of the card and I inked some brown around all of the edges.



To finish it off, I added some green ribbon and some polka dot ribbon to hold it onto the tag.





The two finished tags are below together.







Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the Blog Hop!

-Chrissie

10 comments:

  1. These are fantastic tags...I love the candy canes...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tags - and I like the extra details of the flowers on both tags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful tags. Way to rock the PTI tag challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tags! I love the candy canes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you used the candy canes on a tag! I'm off to see what other elements in that set would work on a tag! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tags! I love the detail and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chrissie both your tags are LOVELY!!
    Hope you have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)