Monday, April 25, 2011

SSC April Blog Hop

Hi!
If this is your first time visiting my Blog - welcome!!!! I'm so glad to have you here!

I'm hosting the FIRST EVER Simply Scrapping Crafts Blog Hop! The DT and I have been planning this for quite a while and we are all so excited about it!

If you are participating, make sure to add your blog to the InLinkz link in the BLOG HOP Group under the April 2011 BLOG HOP Discussion Thread.  The Hop will run from 10 am (EST) to 10 pm (EST), so you have plenty of time to leave the link to your blog.  Make sure to stop back and leave your comments under the same Discussion Thread about what you saw!!!

Oh, and if you like what you see, make sure to Follow your fellow SSC Member's Blogs! :-)

Now, onto my card!!!


The Hop's April theme is Spring/Mother's Day, but for those that are in a different season in different parts of the world, they can adjust to their season accordingly. 

I used Making Memories papers (I won these from SSC before I was on a DT - LOVE them!) and mainly some stamps from Stampin Up.  The "Mother" sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.  I colored in the stamps with my Prismacolor colored pencils to give them a little *pop*!




OK, how great is that button?! I used my new button maker/punch from Epiphany. I was able to make a matching button out of the paper I already used on the card. It is so easy to use and is just awesome. Now I never have to worry about not having the right color button again!!!! I bought mine at my local Archiver's.


Thanks for stopping by today and enjoy the rest of the Blog Hop!  All of the details can be found HERE.

















Cardstock: Making Memories
Stamps: Stampin Up, Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
Ink: VersaMagic
Rhinestones: The Paper Studio
Other: Baker’s Twine (Martha Stewart), Epiphany Button
Tools: Trimmer (fiskars), Pop Dots, Adhesive, Mini Scissors, Ephipany Button Punch

22 comments:

  1. Lovely card Chrissie - fabulous colours!
    Thanks for all your hard work to get hop going!!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Chrissie! And thanks for organising this Simply Scrapping Blog Hop! I can't wait to "check out" everyone's creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card Chrissie i love the colors and thank you for letting me participate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chrissie, Beautiful card. Lovely colours. Thank you for organising the Blog Hop. Having fun seeing what everyone is creating :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and thanks for all your hard work. Takes a lot of organization and time to pull one of these off. Looks like you will have a good participation! I'm getting ready to post now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card Chrissie! Those colors really pop.
    Doris :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for organising this, can't wait for the next one,
    H xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous. I love the calm colours :) Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chrissie, what an awesome layout and idea. I love it . It is great, oh wow, I can feel my imagination juices flowing. Thank you for sharing Hugs Cathy K (Mercieschild)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chrissie, Fabulous card and I think that button is pretty great too. Thank you so much for all the hard work you put into making this such a fun hop for all of us. You did a wonderful job and I am having a terrific time visiting everyone's blogs.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty. Love all the pastel colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You created a beautiful card! Thank you for organizing this hop - It's Amazing!
    ~Yvonne
    OneCreativeMomma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card, pretty colors for Mom's Day. Just beginning the hop so eager to see what everyone has to share!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your card ;) thanks for sharing, esp love the button used ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That button *is* awesome! :) Thanks so much for doing all the work for the hop, Chrissie! I can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Chrissie,
    Thanks for hosting this blog hop. Oohh it's so much fun :D. Your card is so lovely. Love all the color and the stamped images. Perfect Mothers' Day card. Anyway...I talk to you soon. Gotta hopping {LOL}. Take care. Hugs -- Tenny

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chrissie,Thanks for hosting this blog hop. It's so much fun seeing what everyone is creating :) . Your card is so warm - Love all the color combination and this button is so cute ! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great work Chrissie. Your Spring time theme is fantastic. Love the button. Thanks heaps for making the hop possible. Maggie
    http://maggiecreates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great work, Chrissie! I love the variety of paper that you used! Very Spring-y!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the hop...it is good to get out there and see all the art pieces. Your card is cute and nice affect on the button. On to the hop...Tootsie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Chrissie..GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! I soo love the button. I love the colors too.. Thank you for hosting the Blog hop... Better hop to the next blog :-).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)