Wednesday, May 18, 2011

SP & Company Group Post Time!!!!

Happy Wednesday!
We're half way through the week and I have a fun post to share!!!! I really wanted to start making simple gifts I can put aside and have ready to hand out, just in case I need something in a pinch.  I adore the idea of Thank You cards in a folder.  I adore the idea of Thank You cards in a box.  Enter the idea of putting the Thank You cards IN a folder IN a box!

I wanted to highlight the Lovely Labels set.  I've used this set several times since I've received it and I love it.  The frames are super easy to cut out they stamp so cleanly!!!



First up, the outside of the box:

I made a fun little wrap using a flower die and I stamped the SP & Co "Thank You" sentiment onto the wrap several times in VersaMark.  Then I ran a stitch down the center to give it a little something extra.  How did I keep that stitch line straight you ask? I scored it lightly ahead of time on my scoreboard so I had a nice line to follow! Pretty sneaky, huh???





Now, once you slide the box open, there is a folder inside!!!



I ended up making about a 1/4 inch spine on the folder, just so I could get the cards and envelopes to fit inside without getting too smashed up.  I just think these Lovely Labels work perfectly.  It's Clean and Simple, but ornate enough to make it work!

Inside shot of the folder:




I have the envelopes on one side and the cards I made on the other.




These are the cards I made.  I did two of each color.  I used that "Thank You" sentiment again on the little banner that I cut.  I wanted it on each piece so it all pulled together as one big item.  The rose is from Stampin Up.  I just stamped it in VersaMark, heat embossed it with white embossing powder and used a gray Copic marker to trace around the edges to give it some depth. 




I think the little stitch in the upper left, 'holding' the banner on is really fun.  It just gives it a little extra detail to make the eye look a little bit longer than normal.  Oh, and not to mention, I'm dying to sew on just about everything right now, so any excuse works, right???

Make sure to check out all of the other SP & Company posts today.  You can find the list on the Scrapmaster's Paradise Blog HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today!!!















Cardstock: DCWV, K and Company
Stamps: SP & Company (Lovely Labels), Stampin Up, Papertrey Ink
Papers: My Mind's Eye (Patterned), Bazzill, 80# Cougar Cover (White), Kraft
Ink: VersaMagic, VersaMark
Pearls: The Paper Studio
Other: Copic Marker, ZIG Embossing Powder
Tools: Trimmer (fiskars), SU Dimensionals, Singer Sewing Machine, ATG, Martha Stewart Scoreboard

13 comments:

  1. These are really great!!!I love <3 them The first one this my Fav

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful .. great work Chrissie ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Chrissie. They look beautiful.

    Hugs
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissie that is great!! very cute and subtle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is so gorgeous! I love the little folder book.
    Hugs,
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is a gorgeous project! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing cards Chrissie! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh this is so cute... love it... great idea.. the stitching is great..

    tfs..

    Ivette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats soo cool. Awesome Job!

    Catarina (Docerela)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome projects !


    Aj

    ReplyDelete
  11. These projects are so pretty. I love the way you put the label on the bottom of the flower. It looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)