Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sneaky Peek-y

Hi!
Today I have a sneak peek for you! You are going to squeal with excitement when you see this new set! It's called Vintage Varsity.  I was soooo excited when I got this set in the mail.  My son plays baseball and basketball, so this one was screaming my name. 

Warning!!!! Picture heavy post!!!!! :-)

My son just turned 12, so I made him a card using this set.  Unlike most 12 year old boys, he does seem to appreciate my efforts when it comes to cardmaking and scrapbooking.  He will even sit with me while I scrap and draw or chit chat with me.  It's bonding time I really enjoy (unlike all of the other times he's acting like he's 12-going-on-a-15-year-old-attitudey-boy).


I punched a window and covered it with vellum.  Then, I stamped the number 12 so it would show through.



I ripped some paper, distressed it, inked the edges, etc.  Once I adhered them, I pulled up the edges a little bit.  Then I added some button twine and a cute little baseball in the upper corner.



I inked up a few SU stamps for the dots and stripes and then I dry brushed some white paint along the top of the card and on the inside.



I seriously adore those numbers.  ADORE.

Pop back here on the 10th (tomorrow) for the big reveal.  I have a really fun project to share with you.  And make sure to check out the Scrapmaster's Blog today and tomorrow, too.  She's been having sneak peeks everyday, so you can see even more over there!















Stamps: SP and Company (Vintage Varsity), Stampin Up, PTI
Ink: VersaMagic, PTI
Stock: Basic Grey, Kraft
Twine: PTI
Other: EK Success baseball, White acrylic Paint, ATG, Tim Holtz distresser

5 comments:

  1. Chrissie very cute project!!! love the masculine themes
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these numbers! I can't believe I just placed an order at SP....dang it should have waited ---Love your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and very fun way to use the numbers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the 12 peeking through the vellum window! And the distressing on your project looks so great with the number stamps (b/c they look distressed too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice. I like the way those numbers look in that window!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)