Saturday, December 3, 2011

Gift Card Holder

Hi!
I hope you are having a good weekend so far.  Since the shopping season is upon us, I decided to create a fun gift card box using two of Sharon's Designs (RM00114 Miniature Chocolate Box and RM00028 Snowflakes Title) that worked perfectly together.

I increased the size of the Mini Chocolate box to fit a standard gift card (they are generally 3.5 x 2) and I removed the window Sharon created and replaced it with one of her beautiful snowflakes.  Then, I cut a few more snowflakes to add to the top of the box.

I stamped other snowflakes onto the box using SP & Company's Christmas Medley set.  I stamped them first with some PTI Tea Dye Duo ink and then topped it off with Fresh Snow.  I like the effect it gave.



For the snowflakes, I ran them through my Xyron and then covered them with glitter.  I also placed some vellum behind the snowflake "window" and added a little bling to it.  That cute "Be Merry" sentiment is from The Cutest Gingerbread Man stamp set.

So many people on my Holiday Shopping list requested gift cards, so I think this makes it just a little more personal instead of just throwing the card into a bag or an envelope.  It was so easy and inexpensive to do, too!!!

Thanks for stopping by today! I'm going to be working on my December Daily tonight, so I should have more pictures for you soon of my foundation pages.  Oh, and I guess I should start on Days 1 & 2, huh?! :-)






Digital Files: Scrappin with Sharon RM00114 & RM00028
Stamps: SP & Company
Stock: Recollections
Bling: Martha Stewart
Die Cutter: Silhouette SD
Ink: Papertrey Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)