Thursday, December 8, 2011

Runway Inspired Challenge #1

I decided to participate in the very first Runway Inspired Challenge, created by the amazing Jen Rzasa.  Her creations always inspire me and I am honored to be on the SP & Company DT with her!!!!  I do love fashion and trends, but I rarely dress trendy.  As much as I would love to, I work in a print shop and dressing nice just doesn't mix with the chemicals and materials that float around there! But that doesn't mean I can't drool over some of the newest trends and fashions out there.  :-)

This is the image that inspired the challenge:


So beautiful!!!! I was inspired by the yellow (of course), but also the grayish tones in the background.  I adore gray and yellow together, so is what sparked my idea for this card.



I thought it would be fun to group some faux buttons I cut out (Papertrey Ink stamps and dies) and just have a little yellow in there for an extra pop.  The yellow represents all of the bling on her dress.  And how could I not use the 'Glam' sentiment from SP & Company's Sewing Chic set for this????!!!! I feel like this is a little simple and chic at the same time!



I added some stitching on the top with my sewing machine for the finishing touch.  I was going to use twine or ribbon, but I felt like since this was a fashion-inspired challenge, I should stick with my sewing machine and buttons.  :-)

You still have time to enter this fab challenge - it doesn't close until December 16, so hurry up and get inky!









Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (White), Yellow (Cricut), Kraft (Recollections)
Stamps: PTI (Buttons), SP and Company (Sentiment)
Ink: Memento, Versamagic
Buttons: Unknown
Thread: Coats & Clark
Other: Fiskars Trimmer, Singer Sewing Machine, SU Dimensionals, ZOTS

9 comments:

  1. I loooooove those buttons and the colors are awesome!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, grey and yellow together is so good! Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissie, I'm so happy that you are playing along with the Runway Inspired Challenge! Everything you said in your post is so sweet....and I love designing with you too! I always swoon over a yellow and grey color combo, so your card really makes me smile! I hope you join us for future challenges too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You caught perfect colors. I love they way you finished your card. Soft and Simply meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty...love all those buttons..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that little collection of buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! These buttons are so cute! Love it! Thanks so much for taking the time to join us for the Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)