Monday, February 27, 2012

Resist Embossing


Hi and Happy Tuesday!
Today I want to share how I do the resist embossing technique using embossing powder, distress ink, and a heat gun.

Let's get started!!!

First, stamp your image using VersaMark.  I used the grid from Journal This.


Then, cover in embossing powder and use the heat gun.


Pull out your ink and cover it.  For an extra layer, I like to add paint first, before the ink, but you don't have to do this.  I just have a paint obsession.  :-)


Just take a paper towel and rub it before it dries - the embossed area will stay pretty much clear of the paint.  Use the same process with ink!!! I like to use a dauber with distress ink, but sponges will work, too, and you can really use any ink out there.


Rub the ink onto the paper and then just run a papertowel over it when you're done.  This will remove that excess ink from the embossed areas.  I did this on three different types of stock and then I die cut them into cute butterflies.


Then, I used my Large Polkadot Background stamp with distress ink to stamp onto the butterflies.  I took my finger and rubbed the ink around once it was stamped, just to give it a more worn and vintage look.


For a little extra pop, I put down some score tape on the card base and covered it with Perfect Pearls.


I used a brush to spread the powder out, then I simply cleaned it off and brushed the excess powder away.


It gives a really fun effect that I think goes well with the vintage feel of this card.  I added Circletastic to the side and some Washi tape.


I also die cut some buttons and stamped and distressed them, too.  I used regular ink to stamp the rid and then I took the distress pad and just stamped straight onto the buttons.



I placed the buttons and the butterflies together onto the washi tape with some bling!




I finished the card off with a sentiment from Bold Sentiments I and a flourish from Stitchery Doo.

Thanks for stopping by today!!


And don't forget to enter the awesome GIVEAWAY I'm having from PrintRunner!!!


Cardstock: Recollections (Kraft), Lily Bee Design
Stamps: SP & Company
Ink: VersaMark, VersaMagic, Ranger Distress Ink
Dies: PTI
Bling: Kaiser
Washi Tape: Hambly
Other: Ranger Perfect Pearls, Zutter Corner Rounder, Pop Dots

1 comment:

  1. ADORE your card and love the stepped out instructions for this!!!! Wonderful tutorial :) And that Journal This grid stamp rocks...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)