Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Moxie Fab: DIY Embellishment Challenge

Hi!
I was inspired to play along with the Moxie Fab DIY Embellishment Challenge.  I love to make my own embellishments.  I consider myself a bit of a frugal papercrafter, so I am constantly trying to make my own things instead of buying them.  I would rather make my own patterned paper from plain stock and stamps than buy something new.  It's cheaper and it gives me a sense of accomplishment.  Who doesn't love custom patterned papers, right??? A few years ago, I invested in a Cuttlebug.  I have to say that it is my go-to tool.  I die cut as many things as I can.  Dies can be used in so many different ways!!! I also love my punches.  So, for this challenge, I pulled out my punches and a die to create a romantic card.

I used a Hero Arts stamp and Papertrey Ink's Tea Dye Duo to create the background.  I stamped the lighter color first and then randomly stamped the darker ink on top of it.  I think this gives it more of a distressed look.  Then I punched out the flower petals and created a pretty rose as the focal point of the card.


Instead of using plain stock for the leaves, I decided on a patterned paper to give it that extra pop! Try finding THAT in a store! :-)  I die cut the little banner and stamped the sentiment with my stamp set from SP & Company called Journal This.  I love having that little zing of blue in there to offset all of the browns and tans.


By using punches, I saved a ton of money! A pack of large flowers like this would be at least $5-7 in the store.  I just used scraps of paper I already had and made my own.  I love this card because there is nothing on it that is 'pre-made.'  I created the background, banner and flower embellishment.

Now, make sure to check out the rest of the inspiration over at the Moxie Fab blog and give this challenge a go!!! Thanks for stopping by!






Papers: Recollections (Kraft), Kaiser (Patterned Papers)
Stamps: SP & Company (Sentiment), Hero Arts (Key)
Ink: Papertrey Ink (Tea Dye Due), VersaMagic (Dark Brown)
Punches: McGill
Die: Papertrey Ink
Pearl Embellishment: Making Memories

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chrissie! Thanks for linking this up to the DIY Embellishments Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)