Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Spatter Technique!

Tonight I want to share a card I made for the Moxie Fab Spatter Technique Challenge.  This challenge is in honor of the release of Card Creations 10.  I am honored and proud to say that I have a card in this issue! YAY! So, I just had to play along with at least some of the challenges this week.  I have a spray mist obsession right now, so here is my card using the spatter technique:


I used a Studio Calico mask and first spattered the Mister Huey Opaque White Mist over the card.  Then I just sprayed it.  I normally NEVER spatter, I only spray, so I have to admit, I was nervous to try it!!! And.... I love, love, love this look!

To finish the card off, I cut out some banners from a Simple Stories paper pack I have, sewed them on and then completed it using my new Smash label maker.  I just about died when I saw it - I used to have some of these label makers when I was a lilttle kid.  My grandfather labeled EVERYTHING (yeah, we were majorally related), so he would always give me new colors and label makers whenever he could.  I love this new one because it has new symbols on it like hearts and the @ symbol.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Make sure you check out the challenge on the Moxie Fab Blog!






Cardstock: Recollections
Patterned Paper: Simple Stories
Ink: Paptrey Ink Tea Dye Duo
Spray Mist: Studio Calico
Label Maker: SMASH by K & Company

3 comments:

  1. GREAT! I'm all about Kraft cardstock so this really appeals to me. Love the little banners and the vintage labels-cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card and I'm in love with your label maker! I loved those things too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chrissie [insert wave]!

    I took the bold leap and joined in MB splatter challenge too. So intimidating as I pop around and see the competition! :) Love the white on kraft - way to use that office tool too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)