Saturday, March 9, 2013

SP Online Crop - Matching Envelopes

Hi!
Have you been enjoying the online crop so far? If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you are missing out!!! There is an online crop going on this weekend! Go to the SP & Company Facebook page to find out more.  It's been a ton of fun so far!!!

I want to share a little tip that makes a handmade card even better! I love to add a few simple touches to envelopes so they match the card I'm giving.  I generally use pre-made envelopes, but if I have made a card in a custom size, I just create my own envelope to go along with the card using either a scoreboard or an envelope maker.


On most scoreboards and envelope makers, they have sizes listed on them that help you create the correct envelope size.

The card I created was 3.5 x 6, so I had to cut a sheet of 8 x 8 stock and score at 3 1/8.


I wanted only the "Thank You" from the Certified Awesome Additions (available at Midnight TONIGHT) and not the rest of the sentiment, so I used a Post It to mask off what I didn't want.

I adhered the two side flaps of the envelope, on the bottom side with permanent adhesive.  For the top, I use removable adhesive so people can open the envelope without ripping it!




Here is the finished card and envelope together:


The card was created using Certified Awesome, Certified Awesome Additions and paper from one of the SP Kits.  The heart and circle on the envelope flap was from Tiny Build A Banner.  The card is very simple, but creates interest becuase it's a different size AND it has a nice, matching envelope.

The only thing you have to think about is Postal Regulations.  If you aren't mailing the card, you can go nuts with the envelope and bling it up as much as you want.  But if it getting mailed, remember things can rip off and tear, so try to keep it as flat and simple as possible!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of the crop! To see all of the projects, you can check out The Scrapmaster's Blog!













Stamps: SP & Company
Ink: Memento
Bling: Making Memories
Stock: Neenah
Ribbon: American Crafts

1 comment:

  1. I like your card its so pretty and CAS. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)