Monday, April 22, 2013

Debossing with Dies

Hi!
I'm over on the Lawnscaping blog, sharing a pretty simple way to make your dies even more versatile.  I recently discovered how to deboss without cutting using my dies!

First, I started out by stamping the cute little paper airplane and trail from Flying By.  I colored it in with Spectrum Noir markers, being careful to match the patterned paper I picked out (Daphne's Closet).



Then I grabbed the circle die I wanted (Quickutz) and placed it, cut side down onto the card.  I adhered it in place using some washi tape.



Then, I flipped it over.  Using my Cuttlebug, from the BOTTOM UP, this is the order:

A Plate
B Plate
Die
Cardstock
3 pieces of scrap cardstock
Tan Mat
B Plate





Once it comes out, gently pull up the washi tape (it could rip since so much pressure was applied) and you have a debossed image!




For this card, I wanted to deboss multiple times, so I ran the die through over and over again until I had the pattern I wanted.


The final card:



And this view shows the debossing a little better:



I figured now that Lawn Fawn has so many amazing dies out, this is the perfect technique to use (and excuse to buy those dies!)!!


Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to play along with our current challenge, Inspired By!























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)