Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Emboss Resist

Hi!
Today I wanted to share how I did a card using the emboss resist technique.  I used two different kinds of Distress Inks mixed with water.  Both inks are available at the Crafter's Companion website.  Let's get started, shall we?


I stamped the image using VersaMark ink and my awesome Rock a Block.  I really love my Rock A Blocks and I use them all the time.  I get the perfect image stamped every time.


Once I stamped the image, I heat embossed it.


If you click on the image above, you can see that I heat embossed the image.  Then, I stamped two Distress Inks (Broken China and Dusty Concord) onto my craft mat.  I sprayed them with water and got my paintbrush ready.





Then I just dipped my brush into the ink and water mix and started painting over the image.  It shows up like magic!


I added the second color and then used my heat gun to dry everything quickly.


I used my Embossalicious I Believe embossing folder to partially emboss the base of the card.  I ran it through my Cuttlebug, but not all the way, using washi tape to hold it in place.  I ran it halfway through and then ran it back out.  Then I added some Frosted Lace Stickles to the embossed stars.


To adhere the image, I used my tape runner.  I order these all the time.  They are the best tape runner I've found!

And to adhere the extra bling, I used my 3D Crystal Lacquer!



And one of the things that I love about using Spectrum Noirs is that I can take bling and make it any color to match! For this, I used PL4 and GT3.

Oh, and here's a picture of the coolest marker storage system ever!  It's called the Ultimate Storage! I got mine a week ago and I LOVE it! And even if you don't have a ton of Spectrum Noirs, you can use it for other markers and as a storage container for small items.  Did I mention that I LOVE IT?!?!? It makes my life so much easier - all of the markers are stored in their correct color families, so I just grab and go.


And the finished card:




Thanks for stopping by!











Stamp: Crafter's Companion (available Birthday Week only, not currently available)
Inks: Distress Inks
Markers: Spectrum Noir
Sequins: Lawn Fawn
Bling: Hero Arts
Embossing Powder: Zing


Follow me!
Follow Me on Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. That is such a pretty card, Chrissie!! Thanks for the picture tutorial! Do you like the Spectrum Noir markers? I was thinking of trying them sometime soon. I hope that you're having a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)