Thursday, October 16, 2014

Sheena's A Little Bit Magical Stencils

Hi! I am really excited to share some news today! Crafter's Companion is releasing stencils!! I was lucky enough to work with a new stencil by Sheena Douglass called Paris Springtime.


I pulled out the Dreamweaver embossing paste and got to work! I ALWAYS adhere my card base and stencil down using repositionable tape or washi tape.  The worst possible thing that can happen is to have the stencil move while you are putting the paste down.


I used a palette knife to put the paste onto the card base.  Make sure you wash off the stencil and knife as soon as you are done - that paste dries quickly!!!


I decided to add some spritzes of Fireworks: Summer Sky spray.  I love adding sprays and inks to embossing paste!

Then... I had to wait and let it dry.  It was agonizing.  Just kidding - I used a heat gun to speed up the process.  Did you really think I could wait?!?!


Next, I colored in the moon from Sheena's A Little Bit Magical: City in the Clouds set with my Spectrum Noir Markers (IG2, IG3, IG4).  The moon looks so realistic!!


To make the white background less harsh (and to make the embossed area stand out), I added some Vintage Photo Distress ink to the background.  It softens up the card and gives it a more worn feeling.  The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and is from Sentimentals: Imagine.


Then, I grabbed another Fireworks Spray (Desert Sand) and opened it up.  I just flicked the bottom part onto the card base to get splatters!


Once I adhered everything down, I added some Crystal Stickles to the moon.  Not only does it give an extra pop, but I just couldn't resist adding a little bit of glitter to brighten the card up!


 Thanks for stopping by today!









All supplies linked above and available on the Crafter's Companion website unless otherwise noted.

Black Cardstock: Recollections

Follow Me!
Follow on Bloglovin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)