Saturday, January 24, 2015

Thank You!

Hi and Happy Saturday!

Today I wanted to share a card I created using some fabulous supplies from Crafter's Companion! There is nothing I love more than the sound of my heat tool.

OK, well maybe that's not true.  There are a *few* things I love hearing more than that, but I love heat embossing! Like I effect I created for this card? Read on - heat embossing is involved!

  

For the Eiffel Tower, I stamped Stamp It Australia: Around the World in VersaMark Frost. I did the same for the sentiment from Sentimentals: Vintage.  I heat embossed it with white powder and then rubbed Distress Inks (Peacock Feathers, Broken China, Milled Lavender) over the top of everything. 

Easy-peasy with a stunning effect!

For the stars in the sky, I used Die'Sire Essentials Die: Stars to die cut some vellum (tip: place some extra card stock behind your vellum when you die cut - that will stop it from tearing and buckling since it's so thin). I added some sparkle to them with a glitter pen.

This picture really shows the glitter!


Then, I used some Sheer Shimmer Spritz: Silver and water to create that background.  This is the fun part where you get to go a little crazy (or a LOT crazy, ha!)!!! I just took a brush and dipped it in the water and flicked it on the panel.  Flick that brush everywhere! The Distress Inks react with the water and it looks awesome! I did the same process with the spritz to make it shine.  Can you tell I really wanted some sparkle on this card?!?!



To finish it off, I mounted it on a black card base to make the colors really pop.  

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great weekend!







All supplies linked above and available on the Crafter's Companion Website unless otherwise noted.

Black Cardstock: Recollections
Embossing Powder: Ranger Pearlescent Powder



Follow Me!
Follow on Bloglovin
 

2 comments:

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)