Thursday, February 12, 2015

Introducing Sheena's Perfect Partners!

Hi! Today I have a real treat for you! I created a shaker card using the brand-spanking new Little Acorn set from Sheena's Perfect Partners collection!


First, I colored in that cute little squirrel. He came out so realistic, I had to stamp a bunch for my daughter to color (she also tried to 'borrow' the final card). I used my Spectrum Noir markers to color everything in, along with some Blendable pencils for shadows and highlights:

Squirel: TN1, TN2, TN3, TN4
Acorns & Leaves: TN2, TN3, TN4, GB6, GB8, OR2, OR3, EB2, EB3

Squirel: 097, 092, 045, 046, 048

I inked up the edges of the frame with Distress Inks Vintage Photo and Spiced Marmalade.  The sentiment was die cut using Die'Sire Essentials: Rectangles.

Here's one view:


And another view:


You can see I also die cut the leaves and acorn with the coordinating die (IT'S SO AWESOME - yes - I'm yelling about it)! I thought it was so fun to have the leaves and acorns inside the shaker.


If you're looking for really strong glue for shaker cards (or any other paper crafts), I used the Collall tacky glue for this project and it really held well (even with a 5 year old touching it constantly)!

Thanks for stopping by today!








All supplies available on the Crafter's Companion website and linked above.




Follow Me!
Follow on Bloglovin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)