Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Little Bit Magical Layout

Hi! I wanted to share the process I went through to create this simple and fun scrapbook layout! I pulled out my 3D Crystal Lacquer and placed some on waxed paper to make some custom enamel dots.


Once they were dry, I pulled out my Spectrum Noir markers (BT4, LV2) and colored a few in.  This way, I knew they would match perfectly!


They look messy on the waxed paper, but they are nice and clean on the actual layout.  I just adhere them with Collal Tacky glue.


I lightly traced a square with a pencil and then stamped the beautiful feather from Sheena's A Little Bit Magical: Knowledge.  Then I traced over the pencil with a black pen and erased the lines.


I gently took a waterbrush and mixed it with two Distress Inks (Broken China and Milled Lavender).  I purposely 'painted' behind the feather - I didn't want it to be exact.  I love the look of that watercolor effect.


I added a few splatters to finish it off and then the sweet picture of my daughter.  The sentiment "Happiness" is also from the same Sheena set as the feather (Sheena's A Little Bit Magical: Knowledge).


Thanks for stopping by!








Stamps: Crafter's Companion
Markers: Spectrum Noir
Ink: Ranger Distress Inks
Other: 3D Laquer, Collall Tacky Glue
Spray: Studio Calico


Follow Me!
Follow on Bloglovin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)