Wednesday, February 16, 2011

PTI Make It Monday {Vellum Challenge}

I'm so excited about the Make It Monday series from Papertrey Ink.  We are in Week 2 and I'm already looking forward to see what Week 3 will be like.  Check out Papertrey's You Tube Channel.  They have some excellent tutorials on there and you will also find the details for that week's Make It Monday Challenge.  This week's card involved vellum.  I was vellum-obsessed for quite a while, but I've let it go the last few years.  In the printing industry, we call it Glama and I HATE running it through my digital press at work because it jams over and over again.  So, I've really avoided it recently.  It felt good to play around with it again!!!


Here's a little close up of the vellum.  Wow, did it cut nicely in the Cuttlebug with the PTI Banner die.  The edges are so crisp and clean - love it!


I've been waiting for an opportunity to use this stamp set.  I wanted to make sure the flowers stood out a little bit.  I tried to put some extra embellies on them, but it just looked too heavy, so I left it with just the flowers popping out a bit.


I couldn't welcome in Spring without using purple!!! Since I didn't have any matching ribbon, I used white and I inked it up with some VersaInk so it would match.  The center window was created with Spellbinders Labels One dies.  All of the stamps I used are Papertrey Ink.

Thanks for looking and I'd love to hear your comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)