Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mojo Monday #180

Well, I was trying to get a Mojo Monday Challenge done every single week, but I've missed the last few.  This week's challenge really grabbed me, though.  I've never made a circle card before, so I decided to give it a shot.  I really liked the results.  It's not often people receive circular cards and my mom will love this one.  I made it with her birthday in mind since it is next week.

This week's sketch:
I knew I wanted to use Kraft as my background and I decided to use my PTI woodgrain stamp to give it a little somethin'-somethin'!!!

I also die cut the flower shape out of foam and adhered it to patterned paper to give the whole thing more dimension.  I love pop dots, but this gives it much more thickness all the way through.  I used PTI stamps for the tulips (LOVE THEM!) and the sentiment.  I opted not to have the ribbon run from top to bottom.  Since I used the ribbon as the 'leaf' or in place of the rectangle towards the top, it was just too much.  And no matter what I did, I just didn't like it, so I went with my normal "less is more" approach and just left it alone.  :)

Here is the final card:


The flower die and edge die at the top are PTI.  I made the actual card using a Quickutz die I had.  I had fun experimenting with this one.  I know I'm going to be making more circular cards in the future.  If I would have known how easy it was, I would have made tons of them already!!! Thanks for stopping by the little blog-o-lee-o and I'd love to hear your feedback!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)