Sunday, August 21, 2011

iCopic Blog Hop Challenge!

Happy Sunday - here's to the start of a new week!!!

I was able to get inky Friday night, so I decided to participate in the iCopic Blog Hop - All About Children.  Sami, the creative mind behind SP and Company stamps is the Team Leader at iCopic, so as soon as I saw her post on her blog, I knew I had to get in on the fun!!! I recently bought some Lawn Fawn stamps at Archiver's (I seriously stopped breathing when I turned down the aisle and saw them there, I was so excited), so I've been itching to use them! Ah, this was perfect timing - kids and carnivals go hand in hand!


I wanted to give using Copics and colored pencils together (eek!) a try, so I figured this was the perfect opportunity.  I love the look of both of them on Kraft (I'm a Kraft-a-holic, if there is such a thing!), so I crossed my fingers and dove in.  I colored the ferris wheel with Prismacolor pencils first, then used Copics for the shading.  I also stamped some stars in the blackground with Dazzle Versamark and then used a Q-Tip to brush some white ink over it.



I thought the tickets would be a fun little touch in the background.  I used the same star in the center of the tickets that I did in the ferris wheel background.  To finish it off, the corners were screaming for the SP and Company Stitchery Doo edges! I'm such a sucker for white ink on black stock - love that pop it gives!

Make sure to check out the iCopic blog - there are a ton of prizes up for grabs!
















Stamps: SP and Company (Stitchery Doo), Lawn Fawn, Papertrey Ink
Dies: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento (Black), PTI (Fresh Snow)
Other: Copic Markers, Prismacolor Pencils
Tools: Cuttlebug, Fiskars Trimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)