Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Summer Mini Album - SP Group Post Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday!
Today (like every Wednesday) is group post day for the SP and Company Design Team! Pop on over to the Scrapmaster's Blog to get the full deets and Design Team list so you can be amazed and inspired!!!

Today I have a mini album I'd like to share with you.  Warning - there are lots of pictures in this post, so please be patient if it takes a little longer than normal to load up! I'm a card maker first and a scrapper second, but something about mini albums just grabs me.  Maybe it's because they are smaller, I feel more comfortable making them?! Whatever the reason, I am pretty much obsessed with mini albums.  I love buying em and I love making em from scratch even more!!!

I bought a mini card kit at Michael's by Me & My Big Ideas.  I thought it was perfect to document Memorial Day weekend and it was on clearance for $4 (chipboard, papers and a few embellies), so I couldn't beat that price.



Since I'm pretty sure it was made to flip horizontal, I, of course, had to change that and make it vertical (flip book style).  Sometimes I just have to be different.  :-)



For the majority of this book, I used SP and Company's Bold Sentiments I and just masked out part of the sentiment.  I've said before this set is so versatile for cards, but you can also use it for scrapbook pages, too.



I took all of the images into Photoshop and used various filters and actions to give them a fun, vintage feel.  On this page, I used a cute sentiment from Sewing Chic (my new favorite stamp set).


For this page, I stamped the stitching lines from Stitchery Doo onto a ribbon (DeNami) and tapered the edges.  Kinda fun, kinda different.


I carried the faux stitching onto the bottom of the page, too!


I made my own little tag on this page using a Technique Tuesday stamp and Bold Sentiments I.






For the very last page, I added my kid's names with some glimmer stickers (sorry Ryan, I didn't have anything boy-ish) and I masked out something from Bold Sentiments I yet again.  See what I'm saying about this being versatile?!

I have to say it felt great to sit down and actually complete an album! I'm notorious for starting them and never finishing, so I was pretty dang proud of myself!!!

Now, don't forget to check out the rest of the projects the SP and Company Design Team has posted today (the list is HERE) and remember to stop back and check every single Wednesday - we post every week to inspire you!!!!

















Papers/Album: Me and My Big Ideas
Stamps: SP and Company, Technique Tuesday, Lawn Fawn, Papertrey Ink
Bling: Me and My Big Ideas, Martha Stewart, Hero Arts
Ribbon: American Crafts, DeNami, Papertrey Ink (Baker's Twine)
Flowers: Prima
Stickers: Unknown
Tools: EK Success Punch, Fiskars Finger Trimmer, ATG

6 comments:

  1. Hi Chrissie,
    Such a beautiful Summer Mini...LOVE it!!
    I LOVE the colors you used too. TFS.
    Hope things are doing well with you. Hugs -- Tenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissie lovely mini album very cute!!

    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, I love all the pretty colors!!! :)
    -Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun album! I love the bright colors you used on each page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Chrissie! This is such a fun and wonderful mini album! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I love those vintage pics ;) And that album is soooo cute. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)