Wednesday, November 16, 2011

DT Wednesday Time

Hi!
Can you believe Thanksgiving is a week from tomorrow! EEK!!!! This year is flying by! Since the holidays are upon us, I have a holiday card.  I work in a full-service bindery/print shop and whenever we coil books, there are always pieces that are clipped off and thrown away.  Enter me, the one who looks at every piece of everything and wonders if its usable for a card or layout.  No judging - you know you're like that too.  ;-)

So, this is one of the millions of coil pieces that I rescued from getting recycled:






I simply used a pair of wire cutters and trimmed it to about half of its size.  I've actually seen springs that are similar to this sold at Archiver's, so if you like this idea, you can use those instead of a plastic coil. 





Above is the side view of my card.  I used hot glue to adhere my focal point to the card with the coil.

For the background, I inked up a Provo embossing plate and ran it though the Cuttlebug.  This places the ink inside the impression, kind of like a letterpress.


The little Santa bounces around because he's attached with a coil instead of just a regular pop dot or adhesive.  So fun!  The Santa and snowflakes are from Christmas Medley Set and the sentiment is from the Cutest Gingerbread Man Set.

Now, pop on over to the Scrapmaster's Blog to get a list of the other DT Members projects for today's post! Inspiration awaits you!!!!






Stamps: SP & Company
Paper: The Paper Company (Kraft), Recollections
Ink: VersaMagic
Other: Cuttlebug, hot glue gun, ATG







14 comments:

  1. What a cute and clever card - so many fun ideas in one card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissie...this is so cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super duper cute...way to use something that might have been trash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and great idea for recycling!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love the dimension and movement the Santa has! :)
    -Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEK - how cute is this! What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So clever! I bet it would be so fun to move the Santa around in person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great recycling idea! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now how adorable is that Santa and creative use of some thing recycled. I love to use recycled things.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you recycled that!!!! Just awesome idea. I'm not laughing...I took a box home last week from our printer's ink here because I thought, hmm, if I cover it with paper or paint it, I could totally reuse it to package cookies or goodies in. Working in a print shop is fun...sometimes! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute. I like that you recycled.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)