Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Warm Wishes

Hi there!
Today I have a rustic-inspired card and matching tag.  As soon as I saw the Wedding Ring Quilt Mesh File (RM00118), I knew it would be the perfect background for a card using Kraft stock.


I dry brushed some white acrylic paint onto the base and the die cut and then adhered them together.  I stamped cute little snowflakes (SP & Company's Christmas Medley Set) on the 'open' areas in white ink.  But after I had the sentiment (SP & Company's Cutest Gingerbread Man Set) and banner all cut out and ready to go, it felt like something was missing.  I knew it needed a poinsettia and I also happened to know that there is an amazing 3D Poinsettia Set in Sharon's store (RM00107).  So, I cut the poinsettia out on the Silhouette, using vellum.  I used some Copics to give the centers some color and then I dipped the edges of the flower in red glitter.




For the tag, I did the same steps and techniques as the card, I just did some of the things on a smaller scale.




The banner is the same as the one above, but I actually folded the middle over so it would be the size I needed.  :-)  I added some button twine for the finishing touch and voila! DONE!



Thanks for stopping by today!








Stock: The Paper Company (Kraft), Recollections (Patterned), Vellum (unknown)
Stamps: SP & Company (Sentiment and snowflakes), PTI (Label Border)
Digital Files: Scrappin with Sharon and Smokey (RM00107 & RM00118), Cricut (From My Kitchen - tag)
Other: White Acrylic Paint, ATG, Recollections Glitter, The Best Glue Ever, Copic Markers

1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)