Monday, February 6, 2012

Awesome Mix Tape

Hi again!
This is my second post - yeah, I've been a busy little bee!!! I'm participating in Papertrey Ink's Anniversary Challenge.  They are giving away freebie images that are just fantastic - check 'em out!!!

When I saw this cassette tape, my mind starting racing with ideas.  I swear this one was made for my husband - we always joke about making each other mix tapes, so I knew this was the perfect Valentine's Day card for him!


I mean, who doesn't love awesome mix tapes, right?! I used some totally 80's colors for this one.  Trust me, if I had neon colors, I would have used those instead.  :-)  Anyway, I thought the bright pink and teal would work really well.  I colored in the tape and paper pieced the center section.  I also added Glossy Accents and some silver from my Viva Pen (for the screws).  Then, I created the sentiment and added those splatters using Grunge Me.


This one is really just too much fun.  I was giggling the entire time I worked on it.  I am really in love with that cassette image.  I wonder if my son even knows what a cassette tape is??!!! Hmmmm.....

Thanks for stopping by today!






Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up
Ink: Memento (black), Versamagic (pink and teal)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink, Lawn Fawn (letters only)
Other: Viva Pen, Copic Markers, Glossy Accents, Stampin' Up Dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Hee....LOVE it! Great card! Totally takes me back....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card! Just browsed your blog...your work is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)